THE INSTITUTE OF CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS OF NIGERIA
(Established by the Act of Parliament No. 15 of 1965)
CALL FOR ARTICLES
(Academic and Professional Researchers)
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) is a professional body of accountants established by the Act of Parliament No. 15 of 1965 to amongst other things, determine the level of knowledge and skills one should possess in order to practise as an Accountant and to raise such standards from time to time.
As part of initiative towards strengthening relationship with its members and tertiary institutions across the country and beyond as well as other professionals who are interested in accountancy research works, the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria publishes an academic research journal titled: ICAN Journal of Accounting and Finance (IJAF)
This research journal was conceived with a view to creating avenue for members of the Institute in academia and others in practice who are interested in research work the result of which will be published and be added to the compendium of research works that contribute to knowledge development and provide technical information and new developments in the field of accounting, finance, business and other related areas. The Institute is using this medium to call for articles for publication in the journal from Professors, Deans of Faculties, Heads of Departments, Lecturers, independent academic researchers, students and professionals generally.
All articles to be submitted for publication in the ICAN Journal of Accounting and Finance (IJAF) should comply with the following format and instructions:
1. Articles must be well researched on contemporary issues in the field of Accounting, Finance, Economics and Business.
2. All articles should be typed on an A4 paper in not more than 25 pages using 12 points font size and Comic Sans fonts type with double line spacing.
3. The title page should include the title and author’s contact information.
4. The second page should include the title and an abstract of not more than 300 words to capture the main objective, methodology, findings/contribution to knowledge and recommendation(s) of the article.
5. The text reference should be author/date (year) type (e.g. Ajayi: 2006) the reference list should follow the Harvard Style (surname, first and second names then initials, year, title, publisher and place) and should be arranged in alphabetical order of surnames of the authors. Adjustments are to be appropriately made if the material referred to is journal, magazine or newspaper.
6. Three hard copies and soft copy saved in Microsoft Word should be sent to the address below:
Mr. M. A. Lawal 0803 240 0603 OR Mr. S. A. Akande 0803 322 6395
Assistant Director, Research & Technical Senior Manager, Research & Technical
Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria
16 Idowu Taylor Street, Victoria Island, Lagos