THE INSTITUTE OF CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS OF NIGERIA
(Established by the Act of Parliament No. 15 of 1965)
CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST- COMMISSIONED RESEARCH
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) is a professional body of accountants established by the Act of Parliament No. 15 of 1965 to amongst other things, determine the level of knowledge and skills one should possess in order to practise as an Accountant and to raise such standards from time to time.
As part of initiative towards continuing its public interest mandate through research into accounting, finance and related matters, the Institute is calling for Expression of Interest (EOI) on proposed researches in the under listed areas:
• The Role of IPSAS in Public Sector Accountability
• Sustainability and Integrated Reporting
Commissioned Research Application Requirements
• Each application for research grant should be accompanied with the following:
i. A detailed curriculum vitae (CV)
ii. Research proposal of no more than 15 pages (double spacing) which should cover but not limited to the following:
- Indicate which of the topics
- Give insight into understanding of topic
- How does it relate to other research/es in the same field that either had been completed or is/are on-going?
- How will the research be done? What techniques will be used; What were the reasons for adopting the chosen methods and techniques?
- If the research involves gaining access to the facilities or data of institutions or organizations, what assurance can be provided that access will be obtainable?
- How will the research be organized and phased?
- Details of funding requirements under the following headings: research assistant/data collection costs, travelling costs, stationary and printing costs and any other relevant expenditure costs.
iii Recent research work(s) published by the Researcher.
The Registrar/Chief Executive
Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria
Plot 16, Idowu Taylor Street
Victoria Island, Lagos
• All applications must be received at the Institute by 4.30 pm on or before Friday, February 15, 2013. For further details, please contact:
Mr M.A. Lawal
Assistant Director (Research & Technical)
Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (Annexe)
82, Murtala Mohammed Way
Ebute Metta, Lagos
Tel: 0803 240 0603 or 01-2130531.